Tuesday, June 22, 2010

College Plans

What do you hope to study when you go to college? Why?

When I go to college I hope to study for nursing because I love to help other people. for me it would be very rewarding to go into the medical filed because at this point in time it seems that more help is needed in that field. Also, because I know that if I become a nurse my mother will be very proud of me because that was what she wanted to study when she was in school. But my mom was unable to do that because she did not speak the language here in the U.S. and she did not finish her education. Therefore to be in the medical profession I am willing to work hard so that I can become a nurse and be in the service of others and make my mom see that I was able to go through with my dreams.Being in the medical profession will help me become a better person and it will allow me to see thing that I am unaware of. So if I go to college I know I will be able to meet people’s needs and so much more. Plus the medical profession needs more minorities so that people will be more comfortable when they visit the doctor.

1 comment:

  1. Maria-- thank you for sharing what you did about your hopes and about your mom. You're absolutely right about what you said in that last sentence-- the need for more diversity is also true for my field (librarianship). We are always looking for ways to recruit more minorities into our profession and deal with some of the stereotypes of what it means to be a librarian.

    I hope you do go to college and realize your dreams. Best of luck to you!

    Tina M. Moser, MLIS
    Health Sciences Library
    UC-Denver Anschutz Medical Campus

    ReplyDelete