Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What was the hardest thing about finding information and doing research on a topic for you personally? Did this Library research course help? In what ways did this course help you? (Or if the course didn’t help, why not? What would have been more helpful and/ or useful to you?
For my research it was difficult because I did not know what page was good for my topic. For my topic I had to look up infant mortality and that was hard. It was hard because infant mortality is not a sickness but just something that happens depending on a certain circumstance. Like for example if the mother is sick it can transfer to the baby and it can die. Also infant mortality can come from the environment and many other things. The library research did help me because before Medline Plus I was just looking at random things in Google and the information that I was finding was not all good and it was taking me some time to look for what I was researching. Though I wish that for my assignment I could have got more help during class because I understood the assignment but I did some things wrong and it cost me points on the assignment. But personally the hardest thing for me was looking up for information and not knowing if it was good or not because sometimes I think that just because it’s in the interment it is good information. Now after taking the library course I found that I was wrong because everything that’s online is not all true and I should watch what I am looking for. Therefore thank you for all the help it really improved my research skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment